Students attend matinees of mainstage productions at little cost supplemented with workshops, study guides, and post-show discussions. To enhance the matinee experience, the (optional) pre-show Artist Engagement workshop connects students directly to the artists involved in the production.
- Three Show Subscription: $10 tickets for students
- Single Show Subscription: $12 tickets for students
- All teachers and chaperones attend for FREE
- Pre- & Post- Show Workshops: for an additional $150 per classroom a Northlight Teaching Artist can conduct a pre- and post- show workshop at your school around the themes and theatricality of our current production.
- For an additional $5 per student, students can partake in our pre-show Artist Engagement workshop, preceding the student matinee at 9:00am, which connects students directly to the artists involved in the production to learn first-hand how the show is created.
- Study guides consist of breakdowns of plot and character, as well as information about the author and discussions of themes and setting of the play. These cross-disciplinary guides are designed for students attending our Season Access matinees, but are a valuable resource for audience members of all ages!
How A Boy Falls | February 6, 2020
A newly hired au pair is thrust into a mystery when the loss of her young charge casts suspicion on her and the boy’s parents. This world premiere thriller will keep you on the edge of your seat!
Intimate Apparel | April 2, 2020
Written by Pulitzer Prize Winner, Lynn Nottage. In 1905, a black seamstress sews her way out of poverty, creating exquisite lingerie for her Manhattan clientele in “a rich, vivid portrait of African-American life a century ago.” (New York Times)
Songs for Nobodies | May 21, 2020
This one-woman tour-de-force celebrates the iconic work of Judy Garland, Patsy Cline, Billie Holiday, Edith Piaf and Maria Callas.
If you need help selecting appropriate shows for your students, are interested in adding a matinee date (for groups of 100+), or are interested in booking a group for our student matinees, please contact Alexi Siegel, Education & Community Engagement Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.324.1608.