Students attend matinees of mainstage productions at little cost supplemented with workshops, study guides, and post-show discussions. To enhance the matinee experience, the (optional) pre-show Artist Engagement workshop connects students directly to the artists involved in the production.
- Three Show Subscription: $10 tickets for students
- Single Show Subscription: $12 tickets for students
- All teachers and chaperones attend for FREE
- Pre- & Post- Show Workshops: for an additional $150 per classroom a Northlight Teaching Artist can conduct a pre- and post- show workshop at your school around the themes and theatricality of our current production.
- For an additional $5 per student, students can partake in our pre-show Artist Engagement workshop, preceding the student matinee at 9:00am, which connects students directly to the artists involved in the production to learn first-hand how the show is created.
- Study guides consist of breakdowns of plot and character, as well as information about the author and discussions of themes and setting of the play. These cross-disciplinary guides are designed for students attending our Season Access matinees, but are a valuable resource for audience members of all ages!
2016-17 Season Access dates
THE CITY OF CONVERSATION
Plays SEP 15 – OCT 23, Season Access: OCT 13
By Anthony Giardina | Directed by Marti Lyons
As power shifts from one generation to the next, a Washington D.C. political family struggles to maintain ties while on opposite sides of the partisan fence. MIDWEST PREMIERE
MISS BENNET: Christmas at Pemberley
Plays NOV 10 – DEC 18, Season Access: DEC 8
By Lauren Gunderson & Margot Melcon | Directed by Jessica Thebus
In this charmingly imagined sequel to Pride and Prejudice, middle sister Mary Bennet tries to find her own match in a clever and captivating Austen-style romantic comedy! WORLD PREMIERE
Plays JAN 26 – MAR 5, Season Access:
FEB 9 & FEB 14
By Selina Fillinger | Directed by BJ Jones
18-year-old Susie Glenn is on trial for terrorism, and a Muslim female lawyer is arguing for the prosecution. Morals, motives and matters of faith all come into question in this riveting and timely new drama. WORLD PREMIERE
BY THE WATER
Plays MAR 16 – APR 23, Season Access: APR 6
By Sharyn Rothstein | Directed by Cody Estle
Marty Murphy wages a campaign to save his lifelong home in the wake of Hurricane Sandy, but plans to rebuild are threatened when past betrayals come rushing to the surface. MIDWEST PREMIERE
Plays MAY 11 – JUN 18, Season Access: MAY 25
By Mark St. Germain | Directed by BJ Jones
A reporter interviews Albert Einstein about a mysterious piece of his past, revealing shocking secrets about his family and his personal life. NATIONAL NEW PLAY NETWORK ROLLING WORLD PREMIERE
If you need help selecting appropriate shows for your students, are interested in adding a matinee date (for groups of 100+), or are interested in booking a group for our student matinees, please contact Mara Stern, Education Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.324.1607.