Northlight Theatre is committed to making every possible effort to ensure the health and safety of our artists, audiences, and staff.
In conjunction with the League of Chicago Theatres and a growing coalition of arts venues and producers across the Chicagoland area:
Patrons will need to be masked and fully vaccinated in order to attend a performance and must show proof of vaccination at their time of entry into the venue.
- “Fully vaccinated” with an FDA authorized vaccine means the performance date must be at least 14 days after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine, or at least 14 days after a single-dose vaccine.
- If you are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or closely held religious belief, proof of negative tests will be accepted. Guests may provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance start time, or a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 6 hours of the performance start time. Audience members under 12 who are not yet eligible for vaccination will not be required to show proof of negative test, provided they are accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult.
- All patrons will have to wear a mask throughout the performance and during their time in the venue.
- All patrons will enter through the North entrance (diagram below) to have vaccination or negative test checked before entry into the venue. ID should be available upon request. After entry, patrons may proceed to Box Office/Will Call, concessions, and theatre.
- Concessions will be available for socially distanced consumption while in the lobby only. No food or drink is permitted in the theatre at this time.
- If you forget proof of vaccination, we will reschedule your tickets at no charge.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not attend. Contact the Box Office prior to your performance and we will reschedule your ticket at no charge.
- 100% of Northlight’s staff is currently fully vaccinated.
- 100% of the artists and company members for Songs for Nobodies are fully vaccinated.
- 98% of Northlight Audiences are fully vaccinated. Study conducted by Wolf Brown/Audience Outlook Monitor, July 2021.
- All artists and members of the company for each subsequent production will be subject to vaccination or testing requirements.
Policies above are in effect September through December 2021. The current protocols were developed by a coalition of Chicago area theatres in consultation with public health officials. They will be reviewed regularly and may include an extension or relaxation of certain provisions if the science dictates.
We will be presenting two performances of Songs for Nobodies with limited capacity, distanced seating on Sunday, October 10 at 7:00pm or Wednesday, October 27 at 7:30pm. Tickets for these performances are for available for purchase by phone 847.673.6300 or online. Subscribers from any series may exchange into this performance by request (phone only), subject to availability.
At the Venue, the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts:
Air Handling Systems
As a modern facility, the heating, cooling and ventilation system (HVAC) at the North Shore Center is robust and most equipment is less than six years old. Our system is designed to completely exchange air in both theaters and public lobby every fifteen minutes or less while mixing in up to 25% fresh outside air. Science research shows that frequent air exchange in indoor spaces is key to reducing transmission of infectious airborne diseases.
We have also upgraded our HVAC system with MERV-13 air filters, which trap microscopic dust particles that can carry airborne viruses. While many older systems are unable to handle these highest-grade filters, our modern HVAC system can add this extra level of filtering protection.
Cleaning & Disinfection
The North Shore Center always maintains a rigorous cleaning regimen. We upgraded to a Clorox 360 Electrostatic Sprayer for cleaning and disinfecting restrooms, counters, door handles and other high-touch surfaces in the facility. While we now know that COVID-19 is not easily transmitted from contaminated surfaces, our sprayer kills 99.9% of bacteria in seconds and viruses like the common cold and flu viruses just moments after treatment.