As we move forward into a new year, we reflect on all of the good this past year has brought us. Thanks to patrons like you, Northlight has been able to successfully adapt to current circumstances as we await the day when we can safely open our doors again! Here are just a few of last year’s highlights:
- We presented four concert performances of Live from the West Side, co-produced with regional theatres across the nation featuring stars of stage and screen.
- We produced a new Interplay reading of Felicia Oduh’s Mercy directed by Harry Lennix.
- We created new storytelling and writing programs with Levy Senior Center of Evanston, CJE Senior Life, and Roseland VIC.
- We expanded our partnerships with Chicago Public Schools through our new virtual version of the Speak Up! residency.
- We explored our passion for sustainable theatre practices to create bee and bat houses made from recycled show materials.
- We re-committed to doing ongoing, internal work in order to become a better anti-racist organization.
All of this and more is all because of you. We thank you for your support and wish you a happy, healthy new year.